Saturday, April 7, 2012

Dessa Rose

  While reading the first part of Dessa Rose, I found the story of Dessa and Kaine to be both romantic and sad at the same time. In the prologue, it is easy to see how comfortable Dessa feels about him and how happy that they are together. I thought as I was reading it that this story might turn out to be a romance, until further reading to learn that Kaine was soon killed by Master Steele because he beat him over the head with a shovel.
  We then learn that Dessa is sentenced to death as soon as her baby is born because she took part in a slave rebellion. This mad me upset as well, because this is when Nehemiah comes into play. He is a journalist who wants to hear Dessa's story, but if he would have asked me I would have spat in his face. His excuse is that he baby will one day hear the true story if she tells him what happened, but let's think about this...will that really happen?

No comments:

Post a Comment