Sunday, April 1, 2012

The Antelope Wife

     After reading the part about puppy soup, I have to admit that I was startled. For some reason it reminded me of the white dog that the mother kills in one of our previous readings, again I don't know why, it just did. This reading shows me how much of a difference in diets between an Indian and I. I would never eat a dog, unless I was literally dying of starvation, and I'm still not sure then if I could force myself to do it.
     Although I found this part of the book to be a bit gruesome and sad, I liked that there was sort of a happy ending to the dog. I think that when the grandpa made the grandma give the dog to the little girl it showed that they are still people with emotions. Yes they have different eating habits, different traditions, and different beliefs. However, underneath it all are they really that different?

No comments:

Post a Comment