Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Antelope Wife: Birth Cord

I think everyone has faith, at least in something and by no means do I mean this in a religious way. I have faith in many things, people, animals, and objects. However in my life I have never really had faith in an object so much that I believe it could change things. The opening of section three is about faith in a sewed together birth cord and once the child loses this object the child herself is lost and that is why she runs away. The cord has magical powers linked to the child. Yes it was once linked to the child and mother, but it's powers come from faith. Kind of like a wedding band. However unlike a wedding band, in my opinion, the band doesn't change people people choose to change. In our story the people change because they lose an object not because they seem to have a choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment