Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Lakota Woman: Family Issues

     As I was reading I felt like a lot of the main character's problems all came back to family issues. I think that her and her sister Barb ended up doing a lot of drugs and drinking a lot because they started at a young age with their step dad. I also believe that a lot of her emotion problems stem down from her mother not being the right kind of parental figure that she really needed her to be.
     When Mary acts out in school, I feel like her mother has no sympathy for her, even though she should completely understand. I think that the fact that the mother is almost non-existent, except for arguments, really affects the way that Mary turns out. Whenever there are problems between children and parental figures, there are going to be issues in the long run.

No comments:

Post a Comment